My site is broken
Sometimes when you start tinkering with WP Rocket’s settings, you may notice missing images or other display issues on your site. Don't worry, these problems are not permanent!
Deactivating WP Rocket completely is usually not necessary.
In this article
Confirm that WP Rocket is causing the issue
A quick way to check if file optimizations are causing the issue is to load the unoptimized page, by adding the query string ?nowprocket to any URL. For example:
If the problem is still there, it means that file optimizations are not the cause.
If the problem resolves when bypassing WP Rocket, proceed with the next steps.
The goal here is to identify which specific option is causing the problem. If you have multiple display issues, you should perform this check for each issue. It’s important to deal with one problem at a time.
First disable ALL additional settings in WP Rocket:
- All options on the File Optimization tab
- LazyLoad on the Media tab.
- Then test your site again. It's best to open your site in a private/incognito browser window where you’re not logged in as a WordPress user.
- If the problem resolves, you can turn the options back on one by one, from the top to the bottom of the page, testing again each time to determine which option has caused the problem.
When mobile caching is enabled, all file optimizations and other settings will be applied there. Keep mobile caching enabled while running through the basic troubleshooting steps above.
If file optimizations aren’t related, check if your site requires the separate mobile cache option
Find a solution
Once you know the problematic option, you can either:
- Turn off the option for the whole site
- Turn off the option only on problematic pages
- Consult the list below to find a specific guide to help you further.
Minify CSS files
Load CSS Asynchronously
Remove Unused CSS
Problem still there?
Above we’ve covered the most common causes of issues. But if none of the above resolves the issue, your next steps are:
- Disable any other options and add-ons in WP Rocket:
- Missing image dimensions (Media tab)
- WebP Compatibility (Add-ons tab)
- RocketCDN - if you have an issue with RocketCDN, untick the Enable Content Delivery Network option from the CDN tab while troubleshooting. Don’t cancel the subscription until our support has had a chance to debug.
- Disable WP Rocket completely and check if the issue resolves or not. If the issue is still there when WP Rocket is off, the cause lies somewhere else. Try switching to a default theme, and then disabling other plugins to find the conflict.
Still no luck? Send us a support message from our Help Center page.
Please be as specific as possible, include URLs where we can see the issue, and describe what you expected to see, and what you saw instead.