Bypass WP Rocket's Caching and Optimizations
Sometimes you may want to access your site without caching:
- To check if a display issue is caused by WP Rocket or not
- To speed test the uncached version of your site and compare with the cached version
- To check a change you've made in the code of your site without clearing the cache
You could deactivate the plugin entirely, but in many cases the following method is faster and more convenient.
Since query strings are not cached by default, if you would like to view your page without caching, you can do that by adding a query string to any URL on your site. Almost any query string will work, but we typically use ?nocache, because it makes logical sense so it's easy to remember.
For example, to bypass WP Rocket on your homepage, use the following (with your real domain name of course): www.example.com?nocache
Or for a specific page: www.example.com/about-us/?nocache
These WP Rocket features will NOT be active on the bypassed version:
- Page caching
- All options on the File Optimization tab
- Google Tracking Add-On
- Facebook Pixel Add-On
These WP Rocket features will STILL be active:
- Rules applied via the htaccess file (e.g. GZIP rules, browser caching rules etc)
- Optimization of the WooCommerce get_refreshed_fragments request
- Conversion of dynamic CSS/JS files to static files
- Disable Emoji
- Disable WordPress embeds
- Heartbeat settings
Caching from any other source, such as your host, Cloudflare, Sucuri etc may or may not be active on the ?nocache version depending on how that cache layer has been configured.