WP Rocket is compatible with 99% of hosts. Due to the specifics of some hosting platforms, there may be some particular considerations. If you come across a hosting company that wants you to remove WP Rocket, please let us know so that we can contact them directly to become compatible.
Note: If your hosting company is not listed here, it doesn’t mean their hosting is not compatible with WP Rocket. Quite the opposite, in most cases it will mean WP Rocket works just fine on their hosting environments, so there isn’t anything to be pointed out about them in this document.
In this article
Bluehost Managed WordPress
- Their Varnish configuration breaks WP Rocket's minification, so you must either turn off their Varnish, or turn off our minification.
- To activate WP Rocket, you must contact Flywheel support and ask them to add the following to your wp-config.php:
define( 'WP_CACHE', true );
- If you want to use Flywheel's CDN and WP Rocket's file minification, retrieve your unique Flywheel CDN domain from your website’s source code, or ask Flywheel’s support about it. Then enter your CDN domain in the CNAME field on WP Rocket’s CDN settings panel, and activate the checkbox “Enable Content Delivery Network” on the same panel.
- WP Rocket automatically detects if you use Flywheel and auto-purges their Varnish caching when your WP Rocket cache is purged. Disabling WP Rocket’s caching feature is not required.
Hostgator Managed WordPress Hosting
- WP Rocket is now allowed on their system :)
- WP Rocket is compatible with all their caching layers. See this doc for further info:
Can I Use WP Rocket With Siteground's SuperCacher?
- W3 Total Cache is pre-installed, but you can delete it and install WP Rocket instead, with no problems.
- WP Rocket is the only caching plugin that is allowed on their system. We worked closely with their team to meet their requirements.
- The page caching feature of WP Rocket is automatically disabled to prevent conflict with WP Engine's caching. All other features such as LazyLoad, minification etc. are available.
- WP Rocket automatically detects if you use WP Engine and auto-purge their Varnish caching when your WP Rocket cache is purged.
- WP Rocket will automatically be allowed on your staging site even if you have a Single license. Staging won't count as an additional site.
- The page caching feature of WP Rocket is automatically disabled to prevent conflict with Kinsta’s caching. All other features such as LazyLoad, minification etc. are available.