Can I use WP Rocket with SG Optimizer?
Yes! WP Rocket is compatible with all 3 levels of SiteGround’s caching:
- Static Cache
- Dynamic Cache (NGINX)
And it is also fine to use their SG Optimizer plugin at the same time as WP Rocket.
Caching will be active in both plugins. WP Rocket provides file-based page caching, SG Optimizer provides caching through NGINX. In cases where the request is not served from the NGINX cache, it will be served by WP Rocket if available.
When you purge the WP Rocket cache it also purges your SiteGround cache, and vice versa.
Since SG Optimizer v5, they have added some additional features which duplicate some of WP Rocket's. It's still fine to use both plugins, but duplicate features should be avoided.
- GZIP compression
- Browser caching
The following features overlap and you should have them active in only one of the plugins.
- HTML minification
- JS minification
- CSS minification
- Remove query strings
- Disable emojis
- Separate cache for mobile devices
- Logged-in user cache
- Cache Lifespan Expiration
- Combine Google Fonts files
- Optimize CSS delivery (load CSS asynchronously)
- Load JS files deferred
- Lazyload for iframes and video
- Replace YouTube iframe with preview image
- Disable WordPress embeds
- Cache Preloading
- Prefetching of DNS Requests
- Database Optimization
- CDN integration
- Heartbeat Control
- Add-ons: Google Tracking, Sucuri, Facebook
- We have also automatic compatibilities with various themes and plugins.