Using Elementor with WP Rocket
This document contains guidance about how to use Elementor and WP Rocket on a website.
Checking the boxes and saving changes should be enough to fix layout issues as well as for loading elements immediately.
Elementor sticky effect
/jquery-?[0-9.](.*)(.min|.slim|.slim.min)?.js /jquery-migrate(.min)?.js /elementor-pro/assets/lib/sticky/jquery.sticky.min.js
Elementor editor doesn't load
In some cases, servers resources are not enough to process WP Rocket's optimizations and edits done in Elementor at the same time.
This can lead to Elementor's editor not loading, and showing a blank page instead.
Increasing the PHP memory as shown here should fix this problem.
Elementor background images and LazyLoad
From WP Rocket version 3.15, you can enable the LazyLoad for CSS background images feature to apply lazyloading to background images.
Please note, Elementor's experiment Lazy Load Background Images option should not be used at the same time as WP Rocket's LazyLoad for CSS background images feature.
Elementor post CSS files will not be minified
Elementor post CSS files are automatically excluded from Minify CSS files to avoid a situation where the cache would be cleared too frequently.
Elementor has some performance and experimental options under Elementor > Settings > Features.
If you’re using the Lazy Load Background Images feature, you should take into account the following:
- You can use the Elementor - Lazy Load Background Images box under the One-click exclusions section to prevent it from being delayed.
- This experiment is not compatible with WP Rocket's LazyLoad for CSS background images. It's recommended to use WP Rocket's option only.
Apart from this, there are no other known issues with Elementor's performance features or experiments.
Synchronized cache clearing
The following actions in Elementor will trigger WP Rocket's partial or full cache clearing:
- Elementor’s CSS Print Method is set to External File.
- Updating a post/page from the Elementor editor.
- Elementor’s maintenance mode is changed