Using SG Optimizer with WP Rocket
WP Rocket is compatible with all 3 levels of SiteGround’s caching:
- Static Cache
- Dynamic Cache (NGINX)
And it is also fine to use their SG Optimizer plugin at the same time as WP Rocket.
Caching will be active in both plugins. WP Rocket provides file-based page caching, SG Optimizer provides caching through NGINX. In cases where the request is not served from the NGINX cache, it will be served by WP Rocket if available.
When you purge the WP Rocket cache it also purges your SiteGround cache, and vice versa.
I'm getting a MISS from Siteground's cache
Note that the first request to a page will be a MISS if it hasn't been cached yet. Subsequent requests should be a HIT.
There are a couple of cases where you may consistently be getting a MISS from Siteground's cache. The page is still cached by WP Rocket. However, you can resolve the MISS in either of the following ways.
Disable the following WP Rocket options:
- Separate cache files for mobile devices (This is not required on most sites that have responsive themes)
- User cache
~ OR ~
Disable WP Rocket's page caching
NOTE: If the above doesn't work for you, you can try following the steps in this article: X-Cache MISS when WP Rocket is activated
Duplicate features in SG Optimizer
Since SG Optimizer v5, they have added some additional features which duplicate some of WP Rocket's. It's still fine to use both plugins, but duplicate features should be avoided.
- Web Fonts Optimization
- Optimize Loading of Google Fonts
The following features overlap and you should have them active in only one of the plugins.
- Minify CSS files
- Defer Render-blocking JS
- Combine CSS files
- Lazy Load Media
- Disable emojis
- WordPress Heartbeat Optimization
- DNS Pre-fetch for External Domains
- Scheduled Database Maintenance
- Separate cache for mobile devices
- Logged-in user cache
- Cache Lifespan Expiration
- Optimize CSS delivery (Load CSS Asynchronously and Remove Unused CSS)
- Replace YouTube iframe with preview image
- Cache Preloading
- CDN integration
- Add-ons: Sucuri
- We have also automatic compatibilities with various themes and plugins.