Presales FAQs - RocketCDN
In this Article
- Can I use RocketCDN on unlimited sites?
- Can any user on my WordPress site buy a RocketCDN subscription?
- Do you offer CNAME customization, aka “vanity URL”?
- Can I use RocketCDN in addition to Cloudflare?
- What's the difference between RocketCDN and Stackpath?
- Can I use RocketCDN and Jetpack Site Accelerator?
- Can I use Amazon S3 with RocketCDN?
- Will my site benefit from a CDN?
Can I use RocketCDN on unlimited sites?
No. Each site requires its own RocketCDN subscription. Therefore, if you have a staging site and a production site, you won't be able to transfer RocketCDN between them, you should subscribe using your production site.
Can any user on my WordPress site buy a RocketCDN subscription?
No, only the WP Rocket license holder can purchase the RocketCDN subscription.
Do you offer CNAME customization, aka a “vanity URL”?
No. We decided to not offer the CNAME customization because:
- It would require a valid SSL certificate that supports subdomains on your side, the lack of which can affect the CDN’s functionality.
- There isn’t any real benefit from having one except for avoiding SEO penalties for duplicate content. To avoid this we automatically set canonical headers.
Can I use RocketCDN in addition to Cloudflare?
Yes, you can use RocketCDN and Cloudflare together. Cloudflare gives you many different features including security features. RocketCDN will be handling the resource CDN (JS, CSS, images) part of it.
What's the difference between RocketCDN and Stackpath?
RocketCDN provides a convenient and fast, one-click setup. We take care of the ideal setup automatically so you don't have to spend any time on it. If you go through Stackpath directly, it requires manual configuration. If you have only one site it will be cheaper to use RocketCDN. For multiple sites, Stackpath is cheaper, although you'll invest more time in setup.
Can I use RocketCDN and Jetpack Site Accelerator?
No. You should disable Jetpack site accelerator when using RocketCDN.
Can I use Amazon S3 with RocketCDN?
Amazon S3 can't be used with another CDN provider like RocketCDN. You can't mix a PUSH CDN with a PULL CDN. You have to choose between them.
Will my site benefit from a CDN?
A CDN will be of benefit in these situations:
- Your website receives visitors from all over the world
- Your own server doesn't have enough resources. In this case, offloading static files to a CDN could be of benefit.
In most cases, if your site is already hosted on a server that is in the same geographic region as your visitors, you do not need a CDN.