Presales FAQs - RocketCDN
In this Article
- Is there a trial or a free demo?
- Can I use RocketCDN on unlimited sites?
- Can any user on my WordPress site buy a RocketCDN subscription?
- Do you offer CNAME customization, aka “vanity URL”?
- Can I use RocketCDN in addition to Cloudflare?
- What's the difference between RocketCDN and Stackpath?
- Can I use RocketCDN and Jetpack Site Accelerator?
- Can I use Amazon S3 with RocketCDN?
- Will my site benefit from a CDN?
Is there a trial or a free demo?
There is no free trial period, but you may request a refund within 24 hours after the subscription. If you cancel later, when the billing month has already started, you will be charged for the full month in any case.
Can I use RocketCDN on unlimited sites?
No. Each site requires its own RocketCDN subscription. Therefore, if you have a staging site and a production site, you won't be able to transfer RocketCDN between them, you should subscribe using your production site.
Can any user on my WordPress site buy a RocketCDN subscription?
No, only the WP Rocket license holder can purchase the RocketCDN subscription.
Do you offer CNAME customization, aka a “vanity URL”?
No. We decided to not offer the CNAME customization because:
- It would require a valid SSL certificate that supports subdomains on your side, the lack of which can affect the CDN’s functionality.
- There isn’t any real benefit from having one except for avoiding SEO penalties for duplicate content. To avoid this we automatically set canonical headers.
Can I use RocketCDN in addition to Cloudflare?
Yes, you can use RocketCDN and Cloudflare together. Cloudflare is not a traditional CDN (technically speaking, it’s a proxy) therefore it’s possible to use it at the same time as RocketCDN.
Cloudflare provides other useful features related to security, for example. RocketCDN will take care of delivering static files - JS, CSS, images - to your visitors from servers close to them.
The benefit of RocketCDN is that we’ve created the service to configure everything optimally for you. We do the following automatically:
- Create your unique rocketcdn.me CNAME - (this cannot be changed or customized.)
- Apply GZIP compression
- Apply CORS headers for webfont compatibility
- Set a cache-control browser cache header
- Serve assets over HTTP/2
RocketCDN also provides these benefits:
- Unlimited bandwidth
We reserve the right to disable your RocketCDN Url if we detect bandwidth overuse
- All CDN files automatically served over HTTPS
- SSL Traffic included
- All Global PoPs (Points of Presence) included
If you’re trying to choose only one service to use, we cannot say which is better, they are simply different, so you would have to perform tests to check the results for your specific site.
What's the difference between RocketCDN and Stackpath?
RocketCDN provides a convenient and fast, one-click setup. We take care of the ideal setup automatically so you don't have to spend any time on it. If you go through Stackpath directly, it requires manual configuration. If you have only one site it will be cheaper to use RocketCDN. For multiple sites, Stackpath is cheaper, although you'll invest more time in setup.
Can I use RocketCDN and Jetpack Site Accelerator?
No. You should disable Jetpack site accelerator when using RocketCDN.
Can I use Amazon S3 with RocketCDN?
Amazon S3 can't be used with another CDN provider like RocketCDN. You can't mix a PUSH CDN with a PULL CDN. You have to choose between them.
Will my site benefit from a CDN?
A CDN will be of benefit in these situations:
- Your website receives visitors from all over the world
- Your own server doesn't have enough resources. In this case, offloading static files to a CDN could be of benefit.
In most cases, if your site is already hosted on a server that is in the same geographic region as your visitors, you do not need a CDN.