WP Rocket installation from GitHub using Composer
WP Rocket can be installed directly from our GitHub repository:
- Composer - this has to be installed on the PC/server where you are planning to install WP Rocket.
- PHP 7.3 or greater - this is necessary to run Mozart, one of the dependencies, i.e. it's not WP Rocket's minimum supported PHP version.
To install WP Rocket from GitHub follow these steps:
- Copy WP Rocket’s installation folder in the /wp-content/plugin/ folder either by downloading and unzipping the plugin’s file:
or by using git:
git clone https://github.com/wp-media/wp-rocket.git
- In the terminal navigate to /wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/
- Run the following command:
composer install --no-dev --no-scripts
This will create a
/vendor/ folder in WP Rocket’s root folder. It will include the 3rd-party libraries that WP Rocket uses.
WP Rocket's License
To add your license's info you'll have to define the following two constants in the
define( 'WP_ROCKET_EMAIL', 'YOUR_ACCOUNT_EMAIL'); define( 'WP_ROCKET_KEY', 'YOUR_API_KEY');
YOUR_ACCOUNT_EMAILwith the email of your WP Rocket account.
YOUR_API_KEYwith your API Key.
To find your API Key, download WP Rocket from your account:
license-data.php file and copy the value of