Export/ Import Settings and Version Rollback
The Tools tab in WP Rocket provides several options to help manage the plugin settings and version.
Export/ Import Settings
To Export your settings, press the Download Settings button. A JSON file will be downloaded to your computer with your options enabled and entries provided on each tab.
To Import your settings, browse for the JSON file on your computer, and then press the Upload File and Import Settings button. Your saved settings and entries will be populated on each tab.
Tip: if you can't access the Tools tab
If by any reason, you can't access WP Rocket's Settings page, and therefore the Tools tab, you can still export the current settings with the following steps:
- Download this code snippet: https://snippi.com/s/5h20dfv.
- Copy and paste the code to a text editor (Notepad or similar) or code editor and save it with a name of your choice and
.phpextension. For example:
- Upload the file to WordPress's root installation folder.
- Access it using the browser, e.g. https://www.example.com/rocket-export-options.php.
- The settings file will be downloaded.
To Rollback to the previous major version of WP Rocket, press the Reinstall Version [number] button. The previous version will be downloaded and updated on your site.
Tip: if you need to rollback to a different version
You can also rollback to a previous version other than the latest major version by adding the following snippet in the
wp-config.php file while changing
3.9.2 to the desired version:
define( 'WP_ROCKET_LASTVERSION', '3.9.2' );
After clicking on the button, you should see the resulting rollback page as follows:
You can choose to either return to the WP Rocket settings Tools tab or to your site's plugins page from the links below.