Resolving Issues with Minify CSS & Combine CSS
To resolve display issues that may occur when CSS Minify /Combine is active, please take the following steps:
- Go to: https://asset-detector.herokuapp.com/
- Enter the URL of the page with the CSS issue, and add
?nowprocketto the URL, e.g
This bypasses WP Rocket, so that you can find the original URLs (unmodified by WP Rocket) of all CSS files.
- Copy the list of CSS files, then go to WP Rocket Settings > File Optimization and paste the list into the Excluded CSS Files field:
- Save the settings and check your site, in a logged-out or incognito window. It should now be displaying correctly.
- Now remove each file from the list, one-at-a-time. After each removal, save the settings and check your site. Repeat this until the website is broken again.
- When the website breaks, replace the last removed file back into the list and move onto the next file.
Excluding files from external domains
Files from external domains can be excluded either by the domain name or the full file URL.
e.g. to exclude:
You may use either:
Note: this method can also be used for issues with JS Minify/Combine (using the JS Files and Inline JS results in the asset detector tool), but the method described here is faster.
Certain patterns of exclusions cannot be handled and are automatically removed.
If you add them, you should see a notice with the "WP Rocket: The following patterns are invalid and have been removed" message.
Please see more in our Invalid patterns of exclusions article.