WP Admin Area Is Slow
WP Rocket is only able to make the front end of your site faster–in fact, this is the case with all caching plugins.
For the back end of your site, slowness could be due to a few things.
- Plugins: Some plugins will make your site slower on the backed. For example, WPML is quite notorious for making the WP admin run slow. Also, the DELUCKS SEO plugin’s stats module does intensive tracking and can blow up the database which in turn can result in very slow WP Admin and site performance, including higher TTFB values.
- If you have a WooCommerce site, sometimes transients cause bloat. Delete expired transients with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/transients-manager/
- Admin-ajax.php can cause slowness on both the front end and back end. The Heartbeat Control plugin can help with this. Read this article to learn more: http://brianjackson.io/diagnose-admin-ajax-php-causing-slow-load-times-wordpress/
Other tips for speeding up the WordPress back end:
- If you're using WP Rocket 2.8 or later, use the Database tab to optimize your database. If your database gets bloated (with too many spam comments, revisions etc) it can make things slow.
- If you're running an older version of WP Rocket, then you can use the plugin WP Optimize to optimize your database.
- Check your error log for your server to see if there are many PHP errors from a plugin/theme
- Make sure your site has enough memory. You can try increasing the WordPress memory limit with these tips:
- Install the Query Monitor plugin which may reveal slow scripts/database queries: